Penne Tomato Salad1:23 AM
I cooked this for my family last Saturday. It was my first time to try the recipe from my Mom's cookbook and surprisingly it turned out...
- 500 g Penne pasta
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 to 5 tomatoes, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Using a sharp knife, chop basil leaves into fine strips.
- In a bowl combine basil, tomato, garlic, olive oil and vinegar. Allow to stand for 15 minutes. Place drained pasta in a large salad bowl and add tomato mixture.
- Add parmesan, salt and pepper. Toss well and serve immediately.